Block Website On Chrome Blocking a website is not a big deal. If you are planning to block a website on your Google Chrome, then you should definitely read this article. Like many, the Chrome doesn’t come with a built-in feature that allows the user to block specific websites. But you can do it with the help of website blocker extensions and add-ons on Chrome. These can be installed from the Chrome Web Store.
We totally understand that you will have your reasons to block a website as it may irritate you very often with its updates and notifications. There is no harm in blocking such sites. Read the two methods and block them.
2 Simple Ways to Block A Website On Google Chrome
Just read and then follow the below mentioned steps or instructions to block a website on Chrome. Check out here :
- At first, open the Google Chrome
- Then select the menu dots that are located on the top right corner
- Select Settings and then Advanced Settings
- And now, pick – Change proxy settings under Network
- With this, you will see the window of the Windows Internet Properties
- In the top pane, select the Restricted sites
- And click the sites option
- Here, add the URL or URLs you want to block
- And click Add
- After compiling the list of sites, click Choose
- Then select – OK
- Now, restart Chrome
How To Block A Website on Chrome With Software :
This is yet another method to block the website of your choice with the help of a software. Read the below mentioned instructions and implement them.
- At first download and install the software on your computer.
- The softwares are – 1. HT Employee Monitor and 2. HT Parental Controls
- After installing the software of your choice, open the software
- Now, click the Website Blocking
- Then, click the Add button
- Now, enter a website address or a keyword you want to block
- And click Apply
- And that’s it. You have successfully blocked a website on Chrome
Features Of The Softwares :
Here is the list of the features of the softwares – HT Employee Monitor and HT Parental Controls
- They block the websites by URLs and keywords
- The softwares also block categories of websites including games, chats and many more
- They also block the apps of games, Instant Messengers etc
- They also monitor the user activities on your device
- The softwares also monitor the visited websites and other stuff
Disadvantages Of Blocking With Google Chrome Options :
Note that there are few disadvantages of blocking a website with the help of Google Chrome options. We have listed the same below. Read on.
- With this technique, you can just block the main page of the website
- It is not universal as you can always open the blocked site under different account
- The Blocking is easy to bypass
- Also, the ban can be easily removed or deleted
- It is not possible to block websites by categories
- It is also not possible to block groups of websites
As mentioned above, you can block a website on Google Chrome with two different methods – one with Google options and other with the launch of software. But before opting for them, make sure to learn about their features, advantages and disadvantages. All we say is be wise in picking up the right method for blocking a website. Also read the instructions carefully and then implement them.